Partner and Head of Corporate & Commercial Team in Kent, Thackray Williams LLP
Nick is a corporate lawyer with over 20 years of experience. He prides himself on providing pragmatic advice to help clients achieve their objectives as painlessly and efficiently as possible. He acts for a wide range of clients, mostly small to medium sized owner-managed businesses in all sectors of industry and commerce.
Small Business Essentials: Planning Your End-Game
Workshop Room A, Maidstone Hall: 1.30pm - 2.00pm
- Exit strategies and planning opportunities
- Types of sale: Trade buyer, private equity, MBO, VAMBO, employee ownership trust, family succession
- Planning for sale: long-term staff incentives, tax considerations, grooming the business
- Price considerations: valuations, cash, deferred payments, earn-outs, rolled-over shares, loan notes, security
- Structure of the transaction: Share or asset sale, NDAs, heads of terms, due diligence, purchase contracts, warranties and disclosure, post-completion involvement
Get an insight into how to plan now for your eventual exit
- Familiarise yourself with some of the legal jargon which you will be bombarded with when the time comes
- Meet some friendly lawyers who can help you along the way!